Unbelievable Blessings, Undeniable Faith, Unshakeable Passion
- Acts 3 Peter and John are used to heal the beggar
- Acts 4 They are held in custody; released with constraints; prayed for boldness (v. 29, 31); Unity resulted (v. 32)
- Acts 5 Power is demonstrated in the church; Apostles arrested and put in common prison & freed (v. 19); v. 23 “Prisoners are gone with doors still closed & guards still watching...”; brought to council again (v. 28); v. 40 beat the Apostles...and given a gag order, but they kept preaching (42) in the temple and houses.
- Acts 6 Division shows up
- Acts 7 Stephen speaks up
- Acts 8 Saul is raging as a result to the revival that’s going on
- Acts 9 Saul is converted
- Acts 10 Gentiles are saved and visited
- Acts 11 Peter defends his ministry to outsiders. Church exploded with evangelism
- Acts 12 Herod steps in the slow things down
➢King Herod killed James the brother John. James and John along with the Peter were part of Jesus inner Circle
➢It was during a festival, so Peter had Peter put in jail for seven days.
➢The king thought that this would please the people.
God tampered with the evidence
➢Note how much security became put on Peter.
➢What do you think that is?
➢Word got out about Jesus’s escape.
➢The enemy recognizes Jesus in you! That’s why there’s such a lockdown on you. The enemy doesn’t want you to do what Jesus did… Escape.
➢Don’t become discouraged when there’s so much in your way. Our enemy knows what Jesus in you is capable of.
➢And besides. This was not Peter’s first prison break! Peter had been freed before!! See the book of Acts chapter 5
➢The church prayed fervently and with out stopping.
On the night before Peter was to be taken for trial and execution,
Every exit from the building was guarded by armed men.
In the middle of the night, an angel came to deliver Peter. First, the angel made the soldiers unconscious* (Italy trip). Then he wakened the apostle. Notice that Peter was sleeping like a baby. His ability to find rest on the night before he was scheduled to die shows that he had become a man of great courage and faith.
Peter was so deep in sleep that the angel could not waken him gently.
The chains fell off, as if unlocked by invisible hands.
Recognizing that Peter's mind was still befogged, the angel told him everything he needed to do. He needed to gird up his robe—
The angel instructed him to follow, and Peter obeyed. All this time, Peter was not fully awake. He thought he was seeing a vision.
Peter to a spot about a block away from the prison gate and suddenly vanished * ( angels don’t do what we can for ourselves and our God)
Then Peter's mind cleared, and he fully realized what happened. With a heart thrilled to be free and safe, Peter praised God for taking him out of the hands of his enemies.
But now he had a problem. Where should he go? Once his escape was detected, the authorities would start searching for him. He decided that first he should inform the church of his deliverance. He did not want their anxiety to continue any longer than necessary. He therefore set out for the house of John Mark, where a large group of believers was having a prayer meeting.
John Mark was the same Mark who later wrote the Gospel. Many scholars believe that his house held the upper room where the believers received the Holy Spirit on Pentecost and where Jesus shared the Last Supper with His disciples.
. They accused her of being crazy.
*Peter give them instructions to give to James. James will become the new leader of the church. This message and power him to take his position.
- Let’s become a praying church & pray for leaders and God’s vision for the ministry to be carried out
- Obey quickly!
- Know what to do when angels disappear
- Don’t let anyone talk you out of your miracle