Lesson Scripture: Mark 12:24-31
Background Scripture: Dt. 6:4-5
(Covenant outlines the following...)
Designed: By God in His image & likeness. An intentional connection that he’s made.
Defined: Chosen people who aid in God’s reconnection plan by living in Divine connection with the Creator. We belong to God in a loving relationship.
Assigned: We have purpose, hence our calling is a holy thing.
Aligned: We have been given power to pursue that purpose and live it out in our world.
- God bound Himself by His covenant (God made Himself accountable)
- Covenant meant security/guarantee
- Anchor of soul
- Hold upon God as a Covenant-God
- Law was written for people’s encouragement
- OT: What man can do to keep covenant
- NT: What God can do to keep covenant
- Law outlined the history of Israel (i.e. the Ezekiel passage... “When Israel was young...”
- The beginning or reason for Scripture (written records of oral instruction and reflection) began with the Covenant @ Sinai.
- It was the Covenant that was recorded...and this recorded Covenant is the basis for our charter that makes us a new creation.
- Relationship of God with fallen man is not = what the father had with man before the fall.
New Covenant in MY blood*
- I began writing because of my daughter... I wanted her to know my nature and understand me.
- Jesus is teaching the disciples just before his death
- His authority is challenged a lot.
- Sadducees had a crazy example
- Jesus explains that not one marries in the heaven
- Decide to tackle the bible. Ask God for passion, guidance, discipline, knowledge and wisdom
- Commit to joining a bible study, begin attending Wednesday night Intentional Discipleship Class
- Assess your cost of NOT knowing the details of your design, definition, assignment, and alignment.