“I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near. A star will come out of Jacob; a scepter will rise out of Israel. He will crush the foreheads of Moab, the skulls of all the people of Sheth.
oxymoron: a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in "cruel kindness" or "to make haste slowly." [means: Sharp/Dull]
1. capable of or susceptible to being wounded or hurt, as by a weapon: a vulnerable part of the body.
1595–1605; < Late Latin vulnerābilis, equivalent to Latin vulnerā ( re ) to wound + -bilis -ble; see vulnerary
Then he said, "Look, I have come to do your will." He cancels the first covenant in order to put the second into effect. (Hebrews 10.9)
Aim: Help FO’Lifers receive a revelation of the immense love of God which was demonstrated via the incarnation and all its inconveniences. The wonder of Christ’s crucifixion is stifled if one doesn’t fully explore the beauty of the incarnation.
- Hebrew nation was created out of Abraham’s family...God needed a family
- Israel kept misunderstanding its “specialness” to God hence lost their national, spiritual and personal treasures.
- Prophecy came forth that David’s seed would restore all this
- Herod is threatened and wants blood...(He knows who this is. He uses the bible to attempt murder on Messiah)
**Shepherds, Herod, Anna & Simeon each had a revelation of God’s arrival...(There were different responses).
Israel’s great joy and Identity Marker was that she was chosen and loved by God. Messiah would come from her lineage. What does it now mean to you that Christ is now the protection over all those who believe in Him? What does it mean that Christ chose you? What does it mean that God has skin in the game and that Christ is committed to your life & calling?