Priorities That Honor God
- By following God’s “first” you get on a route towards His purpose
- It puts you on a trajectory that aims at God’s highest honor & our greatest pleasure.
- When we miss putting first things first, we put 2nd things first and problems occur
- Sara v. Hagar (not believing the promise)
- Good enough isn’t ever goon enough
- When first things are 2nd, then 2nd things become first
- David and Bathsheba
Priorities are the fruit of choice
Choice is the fruit of Divine honor
Divine Honor is the fruit God’s Goodness
God’s Goodness is a facet of God’s Character
God’s Character never forces compliance
Because Compliance suggests respect
And respect suggests love
And love suggests sacrifice
And a sacrifice means something important is released in order to acquire something that is of more pressing importance.
And a when we press for what is important to God...we honor the very nature of God by recognizing His gift to us...Choice.
When God gives us the freedom to choose Him...or not...and we do indeed chose Him...it becomes significant in Heaven...and extravagant in the Kingdom...creating intimacy in our souls...and power in our lives!
A choice to adapt to something by one’s own volition has tremendous ramification in the Kingdom---->
- Choice is an opportunity to visibly display one’s value or estimate of God.
- Although God reigns from Heaven, the entire universe is under his rule, yet, God’s will never force His will upon us in order to demonstrate....
- The power of choice.
- The Kingdom is not forced...it is accepted!
- The evidence of that acceptance is witnessed as we choose God.
*Choice answers the question: “If your mother and I were in a sinking boat and you only had one life preserver....”
When First things are first...
- An entrance for Godly affluence (resources) rather than merely Godly influence (nudging) kicks in.
- Influence is how we God’s gets attention
- Affluence is how God resources us for most joyous journey of our lives which brings God’s reality to everyone’s attention.
1 Kings 18:21
And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the Lord be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word. (KJV)
21 Elijah challenged the people: “How long are you going to sit on the fence? If God is the real God, follow him; if it’s Baal, follow him. Make up your minds!”
Nobody said a word; nobody made a move. (NIV)
21 Elijah came near to all the people and said, How long will you halt and limp between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him! But if Baal, then follow him. And the people did not answer him a word. (MSG)
Next Steps: Thinks about when you exert time, talent and resources right now. That will tell you what your priorities are.
Prayer: Ask God to show you what it means to delight in God, making His ways a priority.