First Things First (Series Title)
Sunday, January 12, 2014
Priority: A thing that is regarded as more important than another; something that is more important than other things and that needs to be done or dealt with first
Related Words: Preference; urgency; ascendancy, preeminence, primacy, supremacy, transcendence, order, front burner.
Right-of Way-----saves lives‣
Antonyms: Back burner
➣God knows priorities govern your life/Teach priorities & your teach life
- God sits above...priorities protect us from oncoming traffic
- Priorities will determine and shape values
- (Obedience to God --->love for God)
- (Love for God ---> love for God’s priorities)
➣What is God really saying to us when asking us to prioritize our relationship with Him?
**Consider the Context
‣ Jesus’ identity/purpose has been identified (fulfilling Father’s priorities)
‣ Jesus is laying to framework of eternity & preparing them for citizenship
Matt 6:30-33 “If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don’t you think he’ll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met
Seek my kingdom. Seek my kingship!
*Israel wanted a king like everyone else~ protection, tangible care, provision (1 Sam 8)
- Anxiety keeps you from giving God your very best...Which keeps God from...
- When we prioritize our relationship with God...
- It make us an extension of His plan... a part of it. (God NEVER fights Himself)
- It makes us privy to information/intel that aids in focused living and meaningful service.
Take Away: Effective lives line up with an Effective God
Obedience>Godly Actions>Godly Experiences>Godly Expectations>Godly Results>Godly Joy>Godly Passion>Intimacy (connectedness & vulnerability>Re-prioritized Life>Effective Witness>Transformed Society>Kingdom Fulfillment
- God loves everyone
- God invites everyone to fruitful living
- Only some hear
- Of the hearers...only some listen
- Of the listeners...only some prioritize...when it is convenient
- Of the listeners who prioritize their relationship with God...His anointing rests powerfully upon them and they experience joy in their God-given purpose
- These become powerful witnesses of the kingdom of God
➣Commit yourself to discovering God’s priorities via fellowship, study, prayer worship and service. (Do this do discover God’s priorities...and in doing you so...you have discovered God’s priorities.......your search of Him)