➢God’s empowerment comes upon us as we find ways to empower others
➢Those who were sent and spent by God were those who went for God
- Probably didn’t have a true sense of his worth or identity
- Had royal blood in his veins but no avenue for living it out
- Called into community to show God’s compassion...he was @ the table
- He was resourced independently of David. He was resourced appropriately.
- He ate with the king’s son...heard their strategies, their conquests & their dreams. He got to hear how empowered people think!
- He had to first change his address!
➢Empowerment is not merely about being trained and sent...
●Empowerment is about being released by a community...
●Because your empowerment benefits the community...
➢Empowerment is about being fueled & resourced for what you were created for
➢Empowerment is dangerous~ it removes all *excuses
➢An empowered person is not a devoured person, or soured person or coward person.
But rather...a towered person, a flowered person and a showered person.
*When empowering...God has already assessed where you're limited by reality (which He can change); by your limited perceptions of Him (which you must be willing to have changed); and by your limited understanding of yourself in Christ (which is the hardest to change)
Before Mephibosheth was empowered...a few things happened first:
- David, while considering his own blessings...sought to bless others
- The thought of others caused him to ask about Saul’s legacy
- Because Mephibosheth was seated at the table, he could empower someone else with his own god-given resources.
Next steps: 1. Get to a new table. 2. Get around those who awaken God’s Dream within you. 3. Try a Life Group