Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (12-Steps 1 & 2)
*There’s a lot of foolishness going on! (Let’s come to terms. 2-sided guilt)
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
November 9: Sage Wisdom Job 12:12 (NIV)
Is not wisdom found among the aged? Does not long life bring understanding?
Better a poor but wise youth than an old but foolish king who no longer knows how to heed a warning. Ecc 4.13
The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old. Prov 20.29
1. a profoundly wise person; a person famed for wisdom.
2. someone venerated for the possession of wisdom, judgment, and experience.
sagacious [suh-gey-shuh s] adjective
Sage= Perspective (keen insight) + Life Experience + Knowledgeable
1. Having or showing acute mental discernment and keen practical sense; shrewd:
a sagacious lawyer.
Origin = wise + taste
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34.8
Ministry Aim: Learn to solicit and apply the wisdom of experienced people
Examples of Sage Wisdom:
- Jethro to Moses: You need to delegate or it will kill you and the people
- Nathan to David: “You’re the man!”
36 Your servant has killed both lion and bear; and this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, seeing he has defied the armies of the living God.” 37 Moreover David said, “The Lord, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.”
And Saul said to David, “Go, and the Lord be with you!”
- Pastor Ford: “Same salt that preserves a hog will preserve a pig.”
- Pastor Ford: “If everybody likes you, you’re doing something wrong.”
- Mother Evans: “If you’re going to go high in God, you need to learn to go low”
- Mahalia Jackson to MLK Jr. “Tell them about the dream”
- If you can’t run a sound home you can’t lead a sound ministry ~
- don’t be unequally yoked (contracted) with unbelievers ~
- Never curse the king, not even in your thoughts, nor the rich man, either; for a little bird will tell them what you’ve said. (Ecc 10.20)
- For a dream comes through much activity,
And a fool’s voice is known by his many words. (Ecc 5.3)
1 Corinthians 4:15New International Version (NIV)
Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father(A) through the gospel.